Monday, April 28, 2008

Comments on Pet Sematary

We went to the library today, and I got Pet Sematary. I will continue making comments from time to time on the book. I may be committing taboo by my comments about Stephen King, but aren't we all critics.?

This is from the first chapter:

"I think it's beautiful," Rachel said, and that was a huge weight off his chest---and off his mind. She wasn't kidding, he saw; it was in the way she was looking at it as they turned in the asphalted driveway that curved around to the shed in back, her eyes sweeping the blank windows, her mind already ticking away at such matters as curtains and oilcloth for the cupboards, and God knew what else.



First of all, this chapter is done in Louis's point of view. Stephen King did a little head hopping here. Might have saved himself by putting in "it was in the way she was looking. . . " I think if this is so, the editors found it. He added it, that is my guess.

Another thing: Can eyes sweep? I've never seen eyes sweep before. LOL

A broom I've seen sweep.

You know I guess eyes can sweep---if your eyes were on the floor, and I had to sweep you in a dustpan. Discarding your eyeball so that the flies can land on the piece of discarded tissue. Breeding their larvae, as now you become mother natures nest. . . .

Control yourself Chris---Shut up now. :)

Christopher Tran

No comments: